Chewy oatmeal (and chocolate) cookies
Ultra soft oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white flour
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 50-100g dark chocolate (coarsely broken)
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the brown sugar. Add the two eggs and the maple syrup and beat until the mixture is more or less homogeneous.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda and baking powder.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the previous mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Add the dark chocolate and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Put parchment paper (if you have it) on a cookie sheet. For each cookie, place 1 heaping tablespoon of cookie dough on the baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes (bottoms of cookies should be golden). Leave to cool for 5 minutes before moving the cookies to a wire rack (so as not to destroy them).