Here are the perfect cookies for Halloween. These red velvet biscuits are rolled in cocoa powder. The texture and taste are really super comforting in these cold weather. Perfect recipe to please children and adults. Be careful, you could eat more than expected.
Black and red chewy cookies / Halloween crandle cookie
Red velvet cookies rolled in cocoa powder perfect for Halloween.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. 1 tbsp Tanzania cocoa powder (plus some for coating)
- 1 C. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. soup unsalted butter (1/2 stick) (melted)
- 1/2 tsp. red liquid food coloring
- 1 C. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
1. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, butter, food coloring, vanilla and eggs.
3. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until smooth.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes (it will still be soft).
5. Heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Place some cocoa powder in a small bowl bowl. Roll tablespoons of dough into balls, then coat them completely in cocoa. Transfer the balls to your prepared baking sheets, spacing them 3 inches apart.
7. Bake until cookies are slightly firm to the touch, about 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.